Capstone Music Presents “ROCK SHOP”
“Rock shop” is the place where we develop and put your skills to the test. We will have you learning top 40 pop & rock songs with a group of like minded musicians, developing your own stage presence and finding out what being in a band is all about. Behind the cool exterior of RockShop is a foundation based the fundamental elements of listening, speaking and sharing opinions and ideas that all great team building programs expect!
- Team building: students working together as a group to achieve their goals.
- Practical application of private lessons: students can take the concepts they learn in their private lessons and apply them in a real world situation
- Increased motivation to practice: Students quickly learn the importance of practicing and coming to Rockshop prepared. We find students that are enrolled in Rockshop become self-motivated to practice and come to their private lessons more engaged.
- Social: Students become more social and often become lifelong friends. Students also get more comfortable speaking/performing in front of an audience.
- Democracy: Students learn what it is like to participate in a democracy. They learn to listen to each other on and off the bandstand. Band names/song choices are always voted on.
- Custom song choices: Students get to choose and learn the music they want to learn. We often cover a wide variety of genres (pop/rock/jazz etc.) and the students stay active an engaged in creating the song choices for their performances.
- Customized methods of learning: Students often have different ways of learning music. Some read music, some play by ear, guitarists and bassists usually read tablature. No matter what method they prefer, we can provide the tools they need to learn the music. Computer notated sheet music, tab and customized audio files are provided so every student can learn they way they are most comfortable.
- Songwriting: Students are given the tools to create their own original material.
- Improvisation/playing by ear: Students are taught and encouraged to improvise and develop a strong ear to get them through many different musical situations.
ROCK SHOP 101
“Rock Shop 101” offers everything in ‘Rock Shop” but is for beginners. Students will learn the ABC’s of playing in a band and how to work as a team with an emphasis on having fun. $250 for a 10-week session.
March Break/Summer Rock Shop 2019
Picture our 10-week program, squished into one jam-packed week. Your Rock Stars will be forming a band, picking their name, developing their own stage presence, while developing a strong bond with each other, that only happens through times like this. Behind the cool exterior of RockShop is a foundation based on the fundamental elements of listening, speaking and sharing opinions and ideas that all great team building programs expect! Some experience required on the instrument, ages and band format will vary pending sign ups.
March 11-15 9am – 2pm at $275/week. Call or stop by to register today!
“I have wanted to see him play for a long time – so it was awesome.”
“I have made some of my best friends through this program”